Apple has always been a company honed on evolution; last year’s technology is not good enough, and it’s thrown onto the technology dustbin.
This week, Apple’s announcements put the big circular target on eight technologies:
- Notebook hard drives -> flash-based solid-state drives
- Shrink-wrapped software -> app store
- MacBook Pro -> MacBook Air thin-and-light notebook
- DVD install disks -> read-only memory sticks and the app store
- iSight camera -> built-in Facetime camera in Air and iPhone 4
- iChat -> Facetime (no more teleconferences in your bathrobe)
- Mouse Buttons -> multitouch pads
- Desktop Java -> Apple proprietary development environment
- #9 – Adobe Flash -> killed off at Apple earlier this year
Source: Cult of Mac.